Canadian Divorce Do It Yourself Service
» Your Complete Online Divorce Solution

Client Login

Get Your Online Divorce Here
Your Canadian Divorce
call toll free 1 800 743 9236
Free Divorce Booklet
Product Testimonials
Partner With Us
How It Works

Welcome to the Support/FAQs Page!

We've put together the following resources to help you get the most out of your Divorce Do It Yourself Service Package.


Divorce Laws   FAQ's   Tutorials   Contact Us


Province Divorce Laws and Guidelines


Province Divorce Laws Related: Province Divorce Laws

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


Canadian Province Divorce Questions:

Our Service:

Types of Divorces we do:

General Divorce Questions:

Do you have a question not answered here? Contact Us below.


All tutorials are graphical step-by-step "How-To" instructions.
Learn how to setup:

Contact Us

Or use the automated contact system:



Provincial Divorce Questions:

How long does a divorce take in my Province?
This question depends on the province you are in. See our Provincial Divorce Laws page. For example: a divorce in Michigan takes 60 days without children and 180 days (6 months) with children. This time period begins from the time you first file your first papers with the court. Call your Circuit Court in your county to find out your exact "Waiting Period".
Back To Top / See Prices


Can the waiting period be waived?
The waiting period is part of the divorce process. Yes, sometimes it can be waived under special circumstances (i.e. domestic violence); where one spouse has to get out of the relationship quickly to protect against potential harm. However, you really have to convince the court that your case is special (deserves exemption from the waiting period) and doing that requires a lawyer. We only provide services for simple, uncontested cases.
Back To Top / See Prices


What are my Province's Divorce Laws?

Read about your Provincial Divorce Laws here.

What are the Court Costs in my Province?
The court costs are NOT included with our service. When you first take your papers to the court, there will be a court fee, which pays for the judge and the court clerks. It is usually between $75 and $150. There can also be extra fee if you have children. That fee is usually around $75. All provinces and counties are different. Call the your municipal courthouse to check on the exact fees.
Back To Top / See Prices

My Spouse and I Now Live in Different Provinces?
This doesn't matter in a divorce for the most part. Just make sure you fulfill the Residency Requirement of the province that you currently live in. You can get a divorce in the province where you currently reside. However, if your spouse is out of the country, you will either need your spouse to sign the divorce papers, or you can obtain a Missing Spouse Divorce if you cannot locate him/her.
Back To Top / See Prices

We were Married in One Province and Now Live in Another?
This doesn't matter in a divorce for the most part. Just make sure you fulfill the Residency Requirement of the province that you currently live in. You can get divorced in the province where you currently.
Back To Top / See Prices

Residency Requirements:

Residency plays an important part in all the divorces. Residency requirements are Province mandated and therefore out of our hands.

  1. Qualify for Residency?
    You would file in the county and province where you reside, provided you qualify for residency in that province.
  2. Don't Qualify for Residency?
    You would most likely file in the province where you used to live (qualified for residency). But, you must be able to travel there a couple times, at least once to initially file the forms at the court and at the end to attend your final hearing.
  3. Have to Wait Until You Qualify for Residency?
    If you don't qualify for residency in the province where you are currently living, and you don't want to travel to the province where you used to live, then you can wait until you obtain residency in the province where you currently reside. You can still use our service now, and then file your divorce forms on the day you qualify for residency. If you move or change situations while you are waiting for residency, we can still do the adjustments for you. All adjustments are free.

To learn more about the Residency Requirements in your province, visit the Provincial Divorce Laws.

Back To Top / See Prices


Our Service:


What is the price?

Visit the Provincial Prices Pages for the answer.

How long until I get my divorce forms, after I submit the Questionnaire?
The divorce forms and paperwork take 2-3 business days or sooner to process, excluding weekends and holidays. Then they will be emailed to you. We can also mail them to you for a one time printing and mailing fee of $25. Faxing is not available, because they have to be original documents. (Note: These are our goals and standards for processing times - not promises. Your particular processing time may be slightly longer or shorter, of course.)
Back To Top / See Prices

Is “Service” to the Defendant covered in the price?
“Service” to your Spouse is not covered in the price of our service. However, we give you instructions on how it can be done for FREE in an Agreed Divorce. Also, a process server, like a local or provincial police, could handle the service for a small fee, usually around $30 to $40. Call your local or provincial police for “Servicing” information.
Back To Top / See Prices

How does it work?
After the ordering process, fill in the Portable Divorce Questionnaire and submit it back to us by email, fax, or regular mail. We complete your province specific divorce paperwork in 2-3 business days and email it to you for your review. Once you have what you want, then sign and print your paperwork and take it down to your local courthouse.  You attend your final hearing and read the "Sample Courtroom Statement" that comes FREE with our service. The judge rubber-stamps your divorce paperwork and you are divorced.
Back To Top / See Prices / See our Divorce Service Overview


What are the free gifts?

Gift 1 Sample Courtroom Statement ($49 Value):

Wouldn't it be nice to know what to say when you are in the Courtroom with the Judge? Of course it would. That is why we give you a "Sample Courtroom Statement" to read from, when it is your turn to speak. It is jam packed with the specific information that the Judge wants to hear to complete your divorce case. Our competitors don't even come close to offering this level of service. Only the Divorce Do It Yourself Service offers a Sample Courtroom Statement.


Gift 2 Marital Settlement Agreement ($179 Value):

The MSA is a court document that describes exactly how the property will be divided as well as it deals with how to handle any children involved in the divorce. With our Divorce Service the Marital Settlement Agreement is NOT an add on, like with many other services. We give it to our customers FREE OF CHARGE. It is our free gift to you.


Gift 3 Name Change ($139 Value):

In many divorces the wife would like to have a name change to that of her former maiden name. This can be accomplished through using our Divorce Service FOR FREE.


Back To Top / See Prices



Types of Divorces we do:

Can you help me get an Annulment?
Yes we can. Annulments are more narrowly defined than a divorce, so you must qualify.
Back To Top / See Prices

Divorce with Children:
Child support, custody, and visitation issues are part of many divorces that we do. You don't need a lawyer to do your divorce if you have children. That is just a popular misconception. As long as the divorce is uncontested, meaning you and your spouse can find common ground and agree to the arrangements/terms of the matter, we can help. Or, if you have a Default Divorce, where one of the spouses defaults on his/her side of the case, we can help you. We are very familiar with the issues governing child support, custody, and visitation for divorces with children.
Back To Top / See Prices

Divorce with Property:

"Property" includes the house, cars, furniture, pets, and many other things. Don't hesitate if some of the big ticket items still have outstanding debt on them. We can help you divide up any assets and debt between you and your spouse. You just tell us how you want things split up and we will prepare the forms accordingly. The judge will typically honor all your requests without a problem (as long as you both agree).
Back To Top / See Prices

Default Divorce:
A default divorce is any divorce that results in the defending party defaulting on their end of the case due to inactivity or lack of involvement in the case. In simple terms: Your Spouse doesn't do anything and you automatically win by default. Agreed divorce implies that the spouse agrees to the divorce and participates in it. We do uncontested cases of both types. Also, see "Missing Spouse" for information on how to do a divorce if your spouse is missing.
Back To Top / See Prices

Missing Spouse Divorce:

Don't let the fact that you don't know where your spouse is stop you from getting a divorce. There are ways, such as "service by publication", to serve your spouse even without knowing their whereabouts.

If your spouse has abandoned you and you can't find him/her, or you simply lost contact with your spouse over time, the "Missing Spouse Divorce" is your solution to the problem. Normally, in a divorce, you would know where your spouse is located so that you can serve them with the divorce papers. However, if you don't know where your spouse is, you have to show the divorce court that you have made a diligent effort to find them. The way the court will accept your special situation, is if you run a newspaper ad informing your spouse that there is a divorce proceeding against them. This is called Service By Publication. To be more specific, this is the order of how things happen:

  • First you gather all the divorce forms and get them completed.
  • Then you file the divorce forms at the court like you would with a normal divorce.
  • Once you've filed the divorce, you run the ad in the newspaper.
    • Feel free to shop around. Which local newspapers to run your ad in is your choice.
    • Sometimes the court clerk can recommend which paper to use (they do it all the time).

And to complete that aspect of the divorce, you will also be signing an affidavit (statement) stating that you looked for your spouse to the best of your ability.

If after a mandatory waiting period your spouse does not respond to the outstanding legal matter (divorce) and you can show to the court that you have made diligent efforts to find your spouse, then the divorce can proceed in a regular Default Divorce manner. Your spouse automatically defaulted on his/her end. If any or all of this isn't making any sense to you... don't worry. Most of our clients learn as they go. However, remember we do NOT give legal advice on what anyone should do in their particular circumstances.
Back To Top / See Prices

Military Divorce:

Military Divorce means that you or your spouse are a member of the military and on active duty. Unlike much of our competition, we actually do divorces for military members or spouses of military personnel. But, we can only do them under the following circumstances:

  • One spouse has to be in the Canada and willing to do the footwork (file the divorce and appear in court for the hearing) if the other is stationed outside Canada. That allows the spouse who is in the Military (overseas) to not have to appear in court at all.
  • The spouse who is in the military must have a way to sign the forms (typically by mail).

If the Military Spouse is filing, keep in mind that in regards to Residency Requirements:

You can file where your boots are on the ground at the moment or, if you don't qualify for residency in that province, you can file where the Military says your "home province " is. Most of the time, our customers like to file where they are currently living, rather than the provincethe Military says is their "home province" or where they have a drivers lisence.

Bottom Line: Most of the time, if the spouse in the military is in agreement to the terms of the divorce, you can use our service to get your divorce done.
Back To Top / See Prices



General Divorce Questions:


My Spouse is in Prison or Jail?
Yes, we can still do your divorce. But, in this situation, it is better if your spouse is in agreement with the divorce and signs the divorce papers. We can still do your divorce if it is a Default Divorce, but it is more difficult. Just make sure it is not a Contested Divorce.
Back To Top / See Prices

Not a Canadian Citizen?
Yes, we can still do your divorce if you or your spouse are not a Canadian Citizen. But, you must fulfill the Residency Requirement for the Canadian Province you live in.
Back To Top / See Prices

Can I get Divorced in Canada?
Yes, we can do your divorce if you are Canadian and living in Canada. Call us first 1-800-743-9236
Back To Top / See Prices

Can I do a Bankruptcy in a Divorce?
Yes, but you should try to do them separately if you can.
Back To Top / See Prices

divorse and divorce fastDivorce Service Overview


divorse and divorce fast FREE Divorce Booklet

The FREE Divorce Booklet will be delivered straight to your email box. The FREE Divorce Booklet is NOT Legal Advice. It is intended to give you a general understanding of how the divorce process works. Also, to help you in choosing the method of how you want to do your divorce forms and papers.

Get Booklet>>


divorse and divorce fast Customer Service



Frequently Asked Questions


divorse and divorce fast Divorce - Easy as 1-2-3

After you order, send in your information via the Divorce Questionnaire.


We complete your divorce forms in 2-3 business days and email them back for your review.


Sign and file the final divorce papers at your local County Courthouse. Get a date for your hearing and attend it.

Start Here



Do You Qualify for an Uncontested Divorce?


Check Prices


Getting Divorced Online is the new wave. “Click and split” divorces. See these news outlets for more information.

Home | Prices | FREE Divorce Booklet | Support | Product Testimonials | Company | Partner With Us | How it works

Divorce Statistics | Affiliate Program | Jobs | Helpful Links


Divorce Do It Yourself Service

Customer Care Email: Click Here

Toll Free: 1-800-743-9236 (9am -6pm Eastern, M-F)

Mission Statement: We are here to help every single one of our customers through the divorce process in a smooth and orderly manner.


Copyright © Divorce Do It Yourself Service. All rights reserved.

By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Service. We are a non-lawyer service and give no legal advice.

If you require legal advice please see a qualified legal professional in your area. Thank You.