Welcome to the Support/FAQs Page!


We've put together the following resources to help you get the most out of your Annulment Do It Yourself Service Package.



State Annulment Laws and Guidelines


See Your State Annulment Laws: State Annulment Laws

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


U.S. State Annulment Questions:

Our Service:

Types of Annulments we do:

General Annulment Questions:

Do you have a question not answered here? Contact Us below.


Use these step-by-step tutorials.
Learn how to setup:

Contact Us

Or use the automated contact system:



U.S. State Annulment Questions:

How long does an annulment take?
This question depends on your State. Remember, that an annulment usually takes 60-120 days. The waiting period begins from the time you first file your first papers with the court. Call your Circuit Court to check your exact "Waiting Period".
Back To Top / See Prices


Annulment waiting period?
The waiting period is state-mandated and part of the annulment process. Yes, it sometimes can be waived under special circumstances (ex: domestic violence); However, you really have to convince the courts that your case is special (deserves exemption from the waiting period). Doing that requires a lawyer. We do uncontested cases, of course.
Back To Top /See Prices


What are the Court Costs?
You pay the court fees when you first take your papers to the Court. The court fee, which pays for the Judge and the Court Clerks, is usually around $75-150 dollars. The Court Costs are NOT included with our Service. All states and counties are different. Call the Court in your County to check on the exact fees; use the phone number in the Blue County Government section of your phone book.
Back To Top /See Prices

We live in different States?
Living in different States doesn't matter in an annulment. You can get an annulment in the State where you have residency.
However, if your spouse is out of the Country, your Spouse will need to sign the annulment papers. Also you could do a Missing Spouse Annulment if you cannot locate him/her.
Back To Top / See Prices

We were Married in one State and now Live in another State?
Most of the time, this doesn't matter in an annulment. You can file for annulment where you have met the Residency Requirement. Usually You can get your marriage annulled in the State where you live.
Back To Top / See Prices

Residency Requirements:

Your Residency plays an important part in all annulments. Residency requirements are State specific.

  1. You Do Qualify for Residency - Good
    You would file in the county and State where your feet are on the ground at the moment, provided you qualify for residency in that State. "Your home is where you hang your hat."
  2. You Don't Qualify for Residency - No Problem
    If you don't qualify for residency in the State where you are currently living, you most likely would file in the prior State where you lived (qualified for residency). But, you must travel there a couple times. At least once to file the forms at the court initially and at the end to attend your final hearing. Traveling like this is not the preferred method, for obvious reasons.
  3. You Wait Until You Qualify for Residency - Easy to Do
    If you don't qualify for residency in the State where you are currently living and you don't want to travel to your old State, then you can wait until you obtain residency in the current State. Many of our clients are in this situation. You can still use our service now and then file your annulment documents on the day you qualify for residency. Remember, we have unlimited adjustments to the forms. So, if you move or change situations, while you are waiting for residency, we can still do the adjustments for you. No problem.


Back To Top / See Prices


Our Service:


What is the price?

Visit the State Prices Pages for the answer.

How long until I get my annulment documents?
The annulment forms and instructions take only 2-3 business days to process. (Note: Your particular processing time may be slightly longer or shorter, of course.)
Back To Top / See Prices

Is “Service of Process” to the Defendant covered in the price?
We give you instructions on how "Service of Process" can be done for FREE in an Agreed Annulment. Also, a process server, like a County Sheriff, could do the service for a small fee, usually around 30-40 dollars. Call your local Sheriff’s Office for “Servicing” information. “Service of Process” to your Spouse is not covered in the price of our service, of course.
Back To Top / See Prices

  1. How does it work?
    1. After the ordering process, fill in the Portable Annulment Questionnaire and submit it back to us by email, fax, or regular mail.
  2. 2. We complete your state specific annulment paperwork in 2-3 business days and email it to you for your review.
  3. 3. Once you have what you want; sign and print your paperwork and take it down to your local county courthouse to file. 
  4. 4. You attend your final hearing and read the "Sample Courtroom Statement" that comes FREE with our service. The judge rubber-stamps your annulment paperwork and your marriage is annulled.
    Back To Top / See Prices / See our Annulment Service Overview


What are the free gifts?

Gift 1 Sample Courtroom Statement ($49 Value):

Wouldn't it be nice to know what to say when you are in the Courtroom with the Judge? ... Yes, Of course it would.... We give you a "Sample Courtroom Statement" to read from, when it is your turn to speak. It is jam packed with the specific information that the Judge wants to hear to complete your annulment case. Our competitors don't even come close to offering this level of service. Only the Annulment Do It Yourself Service offers a Sample Courtroom Statement. It is our free gift to you.


Gift 2 Marital Settlement Agreement ($179 Value):

The MSA is a court document that describes exactly how the property will be divided and how to handle any children involved in your annulment. With our Annulment Service the Marital Settlement Agreement is NOT an add on, like with many other services. We give it to our customers FREE OF CHARGE. It is our free gift to you.


Gift 3 Name Change ($139 Value):

In many annulments, the wife would like to have a name change to that of her former maiden name. This can be accomplished using our Annulment Service FOR FREE.


Back To Top / See Prices



Types of Annulments we do:

Can you help me get an Annulment?
Yes we can. Annulments are more narrowly defined than a divorce, so you must qualify.
Back To Top / See Prices

Annulment with Children:
Child custody, child support, and visitation are part of many annulments. You don't need a lawyer to do your annulment with children. That is just a popular misconception. We can do an Agreed Annulment; or a Default Annulment, where one of the spouses defaults on his/her side of the case, we can help you.
Back To Top / See Prices

Annulment with Property:

Most of the time, "property" includes your home, vehicles, furniture, pets, and other things. Also some of the big ticket items thatl have debt on them. You can use our service to divide up your assets and debt. You just tell us how you want things split up and we will prepare the forms accordingly. The judge will typically honor your requests without a problem (as long as you both agree, or one side Defaults).
Back To Top / See Prices

Default Annulment:
A default annulment is when the defending party "defaults" on their end of the case due to inactivity or lack of involvement in the case. In simple terms: Your Spouse doesn't do anything and you automatically win by default.

Agreed annulments imply that your spouse "agrees" to the annulment and participates in it. We do uncontested cases of both types. Also, see "Missing Spouse" annulments.
Back To Top / See Prices

Missing Spouse Annulment:

If you don't know where your spouse is, this is for you. There are ways, such as "service by publication", to serve your spouse even without knowing their location.

The "Missing Spouse Annulment" is for you if:
1. your spouse has abandoned you and you can't find him/her
2. or you simply lost contact with your spouse over time,

The way the court will accept your special situation if you simply run a newspaper ad informing your spouse that there is an annulment proceeding against them. This is called "Service By Publication".

If after the waiting period, your spouse does not respond to the outstanding legal matter (annulment), then the annulment can proceed in a regular Default Annulment manner.
Back To Top / See Prices

Military Annulment:

A Military Annulment means that you or your spouse are an active duty member of the military. Unlike much of our competition, we actually do annulments for military members or spouses of military personnel. But, we can only do them under the following circumstances:

  • The annulment is uncontested and both parties will sign the annulment documents. No problems with the Soldier and Sailor Relief Act.
  • One spouse has to be in the US and willing to do the footwork (file the annulment and appear in court for the hearing) if the other is stationed outside the US. That allows the spouse who is in the military (overseas) to not have to appear in court at all.
  • The spouse who is in the military must have a way to sign the forms (typically by mail).

If the Military Spouse is filing, keep in mind that in regards to Residency Requirements:

You can file where your boots are on the ground at the moment or, if you don't qualify for residency in that State, you can file where the Military says your "home state " is. Most of the time, our customers like to file where they are currently living, rather than the State the Military says is their "home state" or where they have a drivers liscence.

Bottom Line: Most of the time, if the spouse in the military is in agreement to the terms of the annulment, you can use our service to get your annulment done.
Back To Top / See Prices

What is the Soldiers/Sailors Relief Act?

Divorce or Annulment of a person who is in the military or filing annulment while in the military has its own special provisions.

The recently amended soldiers and sailors relief act allows the military defendant (person being filed against who is in the military) in a divorce or annulment to put a temporary "stay" on the proceedings. This means that if you file for annulment and serve your military spouse, the spouse can choose to respond and and hold up the case from proceeding for a "reasonable amount of time", therefore prolonging the whole process. The wait is typically 30 to 60 days. And although not indefinite, the "stay", under special circumstances, can be even longer.

And just to further clarify all angles, the soldiers and sailors relief act does not automatically put a hold on any proceedings concerning military personnel. The military person in question simply has the option to do so. Therefore, if they choose not to respond at all (which happens), they can still default on their end and you can get your annulment granted based on the Default.

In conclusion, the soldiers and sailors relief act puts military personnel at an advantage by giving them certain privileges and protection. That is the main reason we only do agreed military annulments as opposed to uncertain ones (even if there is a good chance the military person might default on their end of the case).
Back To Top / See Prices / See also: Military Annulment


General Annulment Questions:


My Spouse is in Prison?
Yes, we can still do your annulment. Iin this situation, it is usually better if your spouse is in agreement with the annulment and signs the annulment documents. We can still do your annulment if it is a Default Annulment, but it is more difficult. Just make sure it is not a Contested Annulment.
Back To Top / See Prices

Not a US Citizen?
Yes, we can still do your annulment if you or your spouse are not a US Citizen. But, you must fulfill the Residency Requirement for the US State you live in. Most of the time this is used by a Spouse that got married for a Green Card in the USA. Yes, it happens. We can help.
Back To Top / See Prices

Can I get a Canadian Annulment?
Yes, we can do your annulment if you are Canadian and living in Canada. Call us first 1-800-743-9236
Back To Top / See Prices

Can I do a Bankruptcy in a Annulment?
Yes, but you should try to do them separately if you can. It's usually a much better idea, just to unwind the entanglements.
Back To Top / See Prices